A MUCKRAKER OTHER

WARNING: No minced words here. İ rake the muck of the 'other', the so-called open-minded side who's preference is to whine and distort reality. If still suckling mom's tit or warped by delusions of polıtıcally correct equality you WİLL be offended by such materıal. Welcome to Reality.





Stop and smell the roses



-
Here's what my work desk looks like. My writing space is full of peace and grace. Good lighting, comfortable seating and elbow room, and quiet are the principals that thwart distractions for me. Right now I have a good space: a vase of fresh flowers, indispensable laptop and my trusty journal. I've kept journals and diaries for years. It's a good habit to have. So is stopping to "smell the roses". Every now and again I buy flowers for absolutely no other reason than they are nice. And enjoying nice things makes one's day or outlook that much nicer. As the sales pitch goes, "Say it with flowers!" 



The fragrance of white lilies certainly pleases me...and makes writer's block so much more bearable! In Mexico the florists call them Casa Blanca (White House). I suppose the 1600 Pennsylvania residence is adorned with them? Well the flowers  are white and strong...so maybe that explains it too.
Now look closely at the vase. It's a re-usable plastic invention in the shape of a decorative flower holder. It's basically just a plastic bag. So often I had to pass on buying flowers because, as a traveller, I had nothing in which to put them -- until now.  So cool. And what's as nice as fresh flowers? Fresh fruit. 
Life is to be enjoyed. I looove my life.

fresh flowers..fresh mangoes..and a vase made to-go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...